Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chirp

Tonight was one of those ideal summer nights.

The kind of night where you sit on the front porch, relishing the warm air and the darkness surrounding you and the rising sound of crickets.

I love the crickets.

And you sit there and realize that you are experiencing perfect happiness. Until you notice that the widow across the street is totally spying on you through her blinds. But even that can't bring you down, so you just smile and laugh at the fact that your neighbors watch your every move, and soon you're going back to school so they'll have to find a new subject.

As far as days go, today was pretty swell. I love it when things turn out better than you expect.

So here's to new apartments, Batman, a chef named Joe Hicks that makes BLTs with "mother loving", my apparent inner Jew, smirking, the ever-delicious hot dog, Miniature Tigers, Pavarotti, and blackberries.

Now all I need is a snow cone, and I'll call Summer '09 a roaring success.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Cat!
I'm kind of jealous of your perfect summer day, because I know exactly the kind of day you are talking about. I love reading your blog, though! I liked the architects post--it's now official that I WILL see 500 Days of Summer:) I hope you have had a good one, and maybe I will see you in English classes in the Fall!

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Now imagine 500 perfect days of Summer... I'm not even sure that's possible due to the sun's movement, but just imagine it...