Like every Christmas break, I've been watching a ridiculous amount of TV. Yes, I'll admit it. I have no shame. Most of this has been spent catching up on the last two seasons of Psych, which led me to ponder on bromance.
Bromance, usually defined as an intense bond betwixt two straight males, is a typical trope seen on the televisions. Is it real, or only a ploy used for women to relate emotionally to male characters? The world may never know.
But regardless, on TV, it exists. So I'm asking you*, who has the best bromance?
- Abed and Troy, Community. A friendship that others "just don't understand."
- Phil and Lem, Better Off Ted. Two scientists who rely on each other to get the job done. Whatever that implies.
- JD and Turk, Scrubs. Living together, working together, spending every moment together. Pure guy love.
- Shawn and Gus, Psych. Their give-and-take relationship is always a pleasure, and is hilarity to watch.
- Bret and Jemaine, Flight of the Conchords. These Kiwis and their bromance make sweet, sweet music.
- Other, but you must specify what and why in the comments.
*Poll in the sidebar, to the right.