Thursday, January 22, 2009

Facebook is getting all KINDS of personal

I've heard so many complaints about the ads on Facebook. Via statuses (stati?), friends have whined because they've gotten too many ads about dating, political rallies, concerts that are out of their area, honestly, the possibilities are endless and apparantly always annoying. I've never minded them. Sometimes they'd catch my interest, leading me to new vintage stores or Beatles sites. Other than those, I've been able to successfully ignore them.
Until this one caught my eye:

Single Obama Fans
Meet passionate single Obama fans (First 10,000 accounts are free).

First off, I'm not even sure how they knew I was an Obama fan. I'm only listed as a moderate. Creepy! Also, that is possibly the most hilarious picture they could have used for that ad. It seems so inappropriate, I love it. I guess passion and Obama just go hand in hand. It makes sense. You like Obama? Hey, me too! Let's run away together.

On a completely unrelated note, today while I was at work some serious questionable behavior happened. I was bending down to get a file, and one of the aged female advisors smacked my butt. And I thought leaving the Cannon Center would end the sexual harrassment. Oh well.

No comments: